Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern**

+9
pichu
skeezer
dsister
Xen
Sonix
c03n3nj0
SciFiBoy
Mako
Luinil
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which of the series, so far, is your favorite?

Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** I_vote_lcap17%Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** I_vote_lcap67%Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** I_vote_lcap16%Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern**

Post by Luinil Tue May 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi there, which of the series so far is your favorite?

Looks like it will be a Monday/Wednesday/Friday pitch. Monday and Wednesday will be Pandora Hearts till Sonix gets back (early August). After he gets back it will be Monday and will be Pandora hearts for 2 eps. Wednesday will be Vandread for 2 eps. Friday is Kara no Kyoukai for 7 weeks (7 movies). After we finish Kara no Kyouaki we can make Friday an extra night for the other two shows. We will finish Vandread the same week as Kara no Kyoukai.

The watching time will be 8pm Eastern. (GMT midnight).

Monday - 2-4 eps : Pandora Hearts
Wednesday - 2-4 eps : Vandread (after Sonix returns)
Friday - Kara no Kyoukai

We will be watching both seasons of Vandread since they are only 13 eps each.
There are 7 Kara no Kyoukai movies, we will be watching them all.

If you need help acquiring the shows, pm me.

~~We finished scheduling the nights.~~

PLEASE POST A SCHEDULE OF WHEN YOU CAN JOIN ON WHAT NIGHTS. (basically just freetime)

So far it looks like we are going to watch Kara no Kyoukai and either Vandread or Pandora Hearts.

(still voting...)
Pick as many as you like, but don't be the ass who picks them all just to be funny.... -_-

Please make a note if you voted.

Luinil wrote:Hey peeps. We have not had an anime to watch together for some time. I was thinking i might host another event. I have to finish like 4different anime series before we can start so i don't get involved in anymore before i finish them... (currently watching Dennou Coil, Martian Successor Nadesico, Gun X Sword, and most recently Mai Hime).

So... post if you will be willing to join in again for another fun filled series. I do not want suggestions at this point, I only want to know if you will join. k thx bai

Luinil wrote: Action/Adventure carried the day with 5 votes followed by Comedy's 4. I tried to include both of them in many of the series choices. Also of note were Mystery and Sci-Fi. I also tried to work those in.

Here are the links to each series page on MAL.
Vandread
Synopsis
Life sucks for Hibiki. Intergalactic society has broken into civil war between males and females; he's stuck on the assembly line for war mecha, relentlessly teased by his co-workers and unable to pursue his dreams of building his own mecha one day. He finally decides he's had enough though, and attempts to break in and steal a mech for his own purposes; this turns out to be a bad idea, thrusting him into the middle of a fever-pitch space battle that brings him face to face with the enemy and launches him into an adventure that will change his mundane life forever.

Opening

Kara no Kyoukai
Synopsis
When an odd string of suicides begins to occur at a local high rise building, most of the townsfolk treat it as an unfortunate series of events. One girl, however, senses something more sinister at work - especially when a close friend of hers falls mysteriously ill. After witnessing one of the deaths for herself, Shiki begins to realize that a strange connection exists between each of the girls, and predicts a total of eight will die. With seven dead and the accuracy of her prediction unclear, she sets out to put an end to the killings. Yet, as she nears the truth, she finds herself closer and closer to the brink of death; will Shiki become the town's savior, or the next victim?

Trailer

Tactics
Synopsis
Ichinomiya Kantarou grew up with the ability to see demons, but was isolated and bullied by others who did not share the same gift. Instead, he became being friends with the demons, gaining a great attachment to their existence. One day, Kantarou was told about the strongest demon, the one known as the ogre-eating Tengu. Amazed by the news of his strength, Kantarou vowed to find this demon who was far stronger then any other, deciding to call him Haruka when he did so. Since this time, Kantarou searched far and wide for the ogre-eating Tengu with no luck, making his living by becoming a folklore writer and demon-buster. On a particularly job, Kantarou had finally found news of a nearby shrine supposedly the place where the ogre-eating Tengu was sealed.

Opening

Hatenkou Yuugi
"See the world"

With these words, Rahzel, the daughter of a rich family, is kicked out of her house and sent on her journey. Along the she meets up with Heat and Alzeid, two men with very different personalities but very similar journeys. Rahzel is a clever, stubborn, and confident girl, who, with the powers of her magic and mind helps the people she runs into on her journey to discover the world.

Opening

Fushigi Yuugi
Synopsis
Miaka Yuuki, an average middle school student caught up in studying for exams, is sucked into an ancient Chinese novel titled "The Universe of Four Gods". There she discovers that she is in an ancient country in what is now China, Konan, and is to be the Priestess of one of the four gods, Suzaku. As the priestess, her duty is to gather the Seven Seishi of Suzaku, who are to be her protectors. Once they are gathered, the priestess will summon the god Suzaku and bring peace between the warring lands, Konan and Kutou. But it's harder than it seems. Along the road, many hardships are faced, as Miaka's best friend Yui Hongo enters the book and becomes her rival, the priestess of Seiryuu in the land of Kutou. Who summons their god first is up to the courage and skill of the priestesses and their seishi, as they meet triumphs and tragedies along the way.

Opening

Mushishi
Synopsis
“Mushi”: the most basic forms of life in the world. They exist without any goals or purposes aside from simply “being.” They are beyond the shackles of the words “good” and “evil”. Mushi can exist in countless forms and are capable of mimicking things from the natural world such as plants, diseases, and even phenomena like rainbows.

This is, however, just a vague definition of these entities that inhabit the vibrant world of Mushishi, as to even call them a form of life would be an oversimplification. Detailed information on Mushi is scarce because the majority of humans are unaware of their existence.

So what are Mushi and why do they exist? This is the question that a “Mushi-shi”, Ginko, ponders constantly. Mushi-shi are those who research Mushi in hopes of understanding their place in the world’s hierarchy of life.

Ginko relentlessly chases rumors of occurrences that could be tied to Mushi, all for the sake of finding an answer.

It could, after all, lead to the meaning of life itself…

Opening

Pandora Hearts
Synopsis
Oz Vessalius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. It is unknown why was he cast into Abyss, how does Alice factor into it all, and what does the organization known as "Pandora" want with him.

Opening

I have not seen any of these, so I went with a couple of suggestions and what looked interesting.
Kara no Kyoukai is a series of movies btw. each about an hour long and I think there are 7 movies.

Last edited by Mako on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 23 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding the poll for genre.)
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue15/15Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty Re: Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern**

Post by Mako Tue May 11, 2010 4:12 pm

I was wondering when we would start this again. I'll be glad to join.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue20/20Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty Re: Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern**

Post by SciFiBoy Tue May 11, 2010 10:42 pm

sounds good Smile
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue20/20Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
EXP: 10

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Wed May 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Sure, why not?
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue25/25Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonix Wed May 12, 2010 3:13 pm

Might as well as join in.
Sonix
Sonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen Wed May 12, 2010 5:50 pm

Yeah! Missed it... I'll probably be joining in...
Xen
Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Why not ^_^
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue15/15Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue5/6Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Fri May 14, 2010 11:06 am

dsis you know that we will have to ship you the shows via mail... right? Razz
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Mon May 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Ok, so i finished Mai Hime this weekend... It was fun, but after ep 15 it was a lot of drama... though everything worked out ok. Now i need to finish at least Nadesico then we can think about what next. perhaps one of the two i haven't finished? Razz
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Thu May 20, 2010 11:12 am

Maybe this weekend i can finish Nadesico. I also need to get my brakes replaced, do some yard work, get under my house to spray for ants, blah blah blah... we will see which one wins out.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm

So, you're saying it will still be a while until we start. That's fine since I am pretty busy until school gets out. Then I have a ton of free time. Have fun killing those ants. Razz
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 pm

It could be next week, but probably not. At the earliest next week is when we make the plans and arrangements to move along this path.

After we set the schedule, and choose the series, we get to watch. Looking at.... 1st or 2nd week of June. but still up in the air.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Well i finished Martian Successor Nadesico this weekend. Now i have just a few not-so-current animes to watch... so... lets start thinking about what to watch, or re-watch, as the case may be.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm

hmmmm....

Cowboy Bepop?!

But I bet a lot of you have seen that already -_-
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue25/25Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Mon May 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Wait, before we just dive into names, lets narrow the genres.

Comedy, action, drama, slice of life, etc are the genres. (not limited to those 4)

There are different types beyond that, but... for now lets pick a classic genre, then dive into sub genre later (mech, fantasy, harem, etc.)
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 pm

any genre is good for me, but I guess if I had to pick one I would go for Action, most of the anime im currently watching are Comedy, Drama, Slice of Life or Fantasy, so I guess something a little different would be good, Like I say though im pretty relaxed about genre.
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Mon May 24, 2010 6:47 pm

I wanna go for drama or action.

I dunno about comedy, I don't get most of the jokes they make in animes, and I have south park and other shows for that anyways. :-P
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Mon May 24, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm up for anything ^^
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue5/6Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 pm

I agree with j0, Cowboy Bebop!
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Left_bar_bleue10/10Anime Nights Thread **Join us M-W-F 8pm Eastern** Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 pm

What about Clannad?
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Poll is up. Please vote.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonix Tue May 25, 2010 12:48 am

Gogo action/adventure and comedy.
Sonix
Sonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 am

Mecha... that is, Action/Adventure. That or drama...

And please, no CB/Clannad... I've finished both in the last half year.
Xen
Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Tue May 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Action/ adventure, comedy, or thriller please. Although, I'd pretty much be OK with anything that is chosen as long as it is good. lol
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 am

bump for the new people.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next