Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merry Christmas

+8
Alasted
iclim4
Luinil
El Duderino
dsister
Mako
skeezer
Unsight
12 posters

Go down

Merry Christmas Empty Merry Christmas

Post by Unsight Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Merry Christmas everyone.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas Empty Re: Merry Christmas

Post by skeezer Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Merry Christmas to you too santa
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Merry Christmas Left_bar_bleue15/15Merry Christmas Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Merry Christmas Left_bar_bleue10/10Merry Christmas Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:25 pm

You could have said that in this thread. But I don't mind. I'm glad to see more people with Christmas spirit unlike someone. Glad to see you here! Smile
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Merry Christmas Left_bar_bleue20/20Merry Christmas Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Merry Christmas Left_bar_bleue0/0Merry Christmas Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Merry Christmas =)
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
Merry Christmas Left_bar_bleue5/6Merry Christmas Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Happy Pagan Holiday... rendeer
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 am

Merry Christmas!
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:31 am

Merry Christmas Unsight.
May you have good food and be in good company.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 am

May God bless us, every one.
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 pm

happy xmas
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Alasted wrote:May God bless us, every one.

If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all... kinda like parents telling kids everyone is special... which really means no one is...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 pm

El Duderino wrote:

If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all... kinda like parents telling kids everyone is special... which really means no one is...

May God bless you, too.
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:07 am

... and may magic pixie dust save america Tongue 2
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:22 am

El Duderino wrote:

You have an odd way of looking at things dude..
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding by reading your post, you gauge worth not by how much you get, but how much more you get compared to other people. Essentially, you look at life as somewhat of a competition. "doing this gives me an edge over you, I got more than you got".

But, personally I think that way of viewing things is fundamentally flawed. You see if you compared how people live their lives from say... a hundred years ago compared to now you'll see the improvement and the convenience added to our quality of life. Sure it happened to everybody but does that negate the fact that improvement in our quality of life happened at all?

Also, if everyone is indeed "special" you wouldn't really stand out in the crowd that being "special" would lead people to believe. But being special means you're great at something which will most likely make you enjoy life more, be it a skill or a talent.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 am

^^ wow... I must really be doing much better than you...
Razz

But seriously... how you distilled my view on the world from one sarcastic comment is quite amazing... I was just expressing my feelings toward the belief that a cosmic force is blessing us all... because if thats really going on someone ows aids chirldren and crack babies a huge apology... as for people enjoying live more by having a "special" skill or talent... well most of these skills or talents need a lot of work to get and even then there is no guaranty they will make you happier in any way... and how many people truly have a skill or talent that is "special" and not shared with millions of other people in the world ? and whats so special about having a skill or talent if that many other people have it ?
Now forget I said anything and enjoy your special christmas blessings which everyone gets but are individually awesome on different yet equal levels for everyone...

Razz

Merry Christmas Grinch
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Yes, Happy Holidays to all .

Merry Christmas 1808185l6oq8ecsde
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:42 pm

i got an xmas avy
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 pm

El Duderino wrote:
But seriously... how you distilled my view on the world from one sarcastic comment is quite amazing...

Haha, it's a gift. Razz
But as a british poet once said, humor is a way of saying something serious.

El Duderino wrote: I was just expressing my feelings toward the belief that a cosmic force is blessing us all... because if thats really going on someone ows aids chirldren and crack babies a huge apology... as for people enjoying live more by having a "special" skill or talent... well most of these skills or talents need a lot of work to get and even then there is no guaranty they will make you happier in any way... and how many people truly have a skill or talent that is "special" and not shared with millions of other people in the world ? and whats so special about having a skill or talent if that many other people have it ?
Now forget I said anything and enjoy your special christmas blessings which everyone gets but are individually awesome on different yet equal levels for everyone...

Razz

Well, let's make this clear, my reply to you was never about religion nor about Christmas.
It's about how you fundamentally view improvement as only improvement if you're the only one, or only if you're above the majority that's improving. (in this situation I'm using "improvement" and "blessing" interchangebly because, in essence, getting blessed is supposedly getting improvement in that person's quality of life")
El Duderino wrote:If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all
You see in your post, God is real (hypothetically speaking) and if he's blessing us all you perceive that it's as good as nothing because everyone is getting blessed aswell.

I maintain, that if everyone is getting blessed(improving) then it's as good as everyone getting blessed. which is why I gave the example about the difference between the quality of life a hundred years ago versus now. The last hundred years, science and our understanding of things through research improved our quality of life, now does that negate the fact that improvement in our quality of life happened at all simply because it happened to the majority of the population? would you only accept that there was improvement if only a select few people had gas stoves and washing machines?

my point in the whole "special" situation is that, for example, everyone was gifted or special in cooking.
Sure it would be much harder to stand out from the rest, but everyone would be able to make a damn good tasty nutritious meal without much effort.

Now if only a select few was special at cooking, they'd definitely stand out better, like a bacon pizza cheeseburger to a hobo, but everyone else would suck at cooking.

Now your argument was that if you're special and everyone else is special, it means nothing.
I stated that if everyone is indeed special, then there'd be an improvement in the quality of life(which would make you enjoy life more) as shown by my example from above. The "special"ty can be switched with intellect, health, athletic ability and it would still hold true to me.

But I digress, I just have a habit of wanting to pick someone's brain if I see something that's fundamentally different than my way of thinking just to see a different perspective of the world. But a "Merry Christmas" thread is hardly the time or place for that.

Enjoy your awesome yet different christmas blessing aswell dude.
Have a Merry Christmas aswell everyone.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:50 am

I still don´t see how you got "It's about how you fundamentally view improvement as only improvement if you're the only one, or only if you're above the majority that's improving." out of what I said... because you are interpreting things that just aren´t there... a blessing is not an improvement in life... it may be used that way rethorically at times... as in "This new atomic massage chair is a blessing." ... but a blessing really (and expecially in reference to god, which is where this started) is: "the act of invoking divine protection or aid" or "the bestowal of a divine gift or favour"...

Also: "Now your argument was that if you're special and everyone else is special, it means nothing." is not my argument... its the definition of the word special, a word that describes differences... if you lose the differences the word just doesn´t apply...

Anyway Merry Christmas and to all a good fight...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by marciosmg Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!!!! I love you santa
marciosmg
marciosmg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content