Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations?

+9
Kestrel
MesoZombie
Flow
B4L
Don Ramón
loro
Luinil
Mako
zex
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations?

Post by El Duderino Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:24 pm

^^ Thats what I said... when a white guy calls a black guy the N word the black guy will often call him a cracker... I still don´t see where the word yankee fits in... thats for south vs. north not black vs. white IMO... as far as I know it comes from slave owners "cracking" their wips at slaves... and I think yankee derived from the dutch term for a dutchman living abroad...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations?

Post by zex Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:54 pm

fkusumot wrote:You dudes aren't American? Or you're just not from the south? Wiki says:

Cracker (pejorative)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cracker, sometimes white cracker, is a pejorative term and common ethnic slur against white people, mainly used in the Southern United States, but in recent decades it has entered common usage throughout North America and in some areas of British society

My location is at the right of my post...

Though, I consider myself American. Y'know, born in America Razz
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:25 pm

I would also like to note that here in America we teach that there are 7 continents. So there is no America continent rather North and South America. So you are North American.

Back to the topic Cracker certainly denote IMO white southerner. I believe the opposite of Yankee would have been in the past Confederate. Hell maybe you could argue that Southerner is the opposite as here in Florida almost everyone (outside the pan handle) do not consider themselves southerners as the mentality down here is more "Yankee" and Alabama and Georgia is considered where you will find a lot of Southerners.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Is "yankee" an acceptable word in conversations? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2