Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games

+7
dusty_fox
Falcon095
Flow
zex
Mako
El Duderino
Kenzomatic
11 posters

Go down

German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games

Post by Kenzomatic Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Germany's latest demagogue tantrum against "killerspiele" - violent video games - could be shrugged off as hot air, except for the fact it would ban even their development. So Germany-based Crytek would have to move.

The interior ministers of Germany's 16 states have unanimously asked the German legislature to ban outright the distribution, sale, and development of violent video games. Such games have been a big part of the national conversation since a 17-year-old went on a gun rampage March 11, killing 15. Naturally, the shooter owned a shooter - Crytek's Far Cry 2 - and playing it for two hours before the killings was enough to link games to the tragedy.

The demand is definitely politically timed - the interior heads want it ASAP, before German elections Sept. 27. Again, this is (snicker) a Far Cry from legislation introduced to parliament, but it was enough to fire up German readers who sent it to us, who already point to the country's extremely strict youth protection laws, and are generally disgusted by lawmakers' tendency to blame technologies they don't understand.

http://kotaku.com/5281489/german-pols-push-to-ban-development-of-violent-games
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Left_bar_bleue100/100German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Left_bar_bleue10/10German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty Re: German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games

Post by El Duderino Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Don´t people know we germans hate violence... its always been that way... they also wanted to ban gotcha and laser-tag but I think thats off the table now... guess I still should wait to introduce my gotcha-go-kart game to the market...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty Re: German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games

Post by Mako Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Germans hate violence? Never would have guesses. Razz
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Left_bar_bleue20/20German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Left_bar_bleue0/0German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 am

I'm always against bans and censorship of videogames, so I don't need to state that I'm fully against this.

I wish they get a *fucking* clue and started to focus on what problems the killers could have had and try to solve them as to avoid new happenings instead of blaming it on the easiest target
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 am

That killing rampage was probably because Far Cry 2 sucked

Okay, seriously, not much to say here, it's the same "blame videogames" mentality we see everyday, only taken to a whole new level, and it's ridiculous and a waste of time
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:41 pm

He should work for Fox
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty_fox Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:41 pm

I've never understood - why do the Germans (and I guess the Australians too) react so badly to 'violent' games?

Are their tolerances for this sort of thing just much lower than more western countries?
dusty_fox
dusty_fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Oorakoow Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Hell yes. Ban those bloody violent video games that corrupt our youth! These games fill our children with hate and violent impulses.

These recent murders and school shootings are the work of these violent video games. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I strongly suggest anyone who disagrees with me to seek treatment. May I recommend the government psychologist conveniently located right down your street?

Personally, if I see anyone playing these violent video games, I will not hesitate to report them to the authorities. You should too. After all, you don't want to see another killing spree plastered on the front cover of your newspaper, do you?

Next up, tax on your favorite MMO virtual earnings. We all know how much gold you have been hoarding in the bank! Just think what that tax revenue could do to help our economy! The 700 pound family down the street needs more money to survive without working! YOUR guild can buy them more fruit loops and bacon! Grind for your country! Vote for MMO taxes now!

Disclaimer: Violent MMOs will be exempt from violent video game ban under MMO tax law should it pass.
Oorakoow
Oorakoow

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Meh gotta have something to use as a scape goat or ban ...its what the government and politics does. " War is young men dieing old men talking" that was a great line forgot what movie that was from ...
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:27 pm

I think I'm part German...maybe.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Left_bar_bleue20/20German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Left_bar_bleue0/0German Interior Ministers Push to Ban Development of Violent Games Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 pm

^^ what do you mean maybe ??? did your ancestors just screw around and not care who the kids are from ???
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:34 pm

^^ Yea that's probably it ...can't be too far off
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:17 pm

El Duderino wrote:^^ what do you mean maybe ??? did your ancestors just screw around and not care who the kids are from ???

No, well, I never saw one of my grandpa's but I think my mom said he was German. So....yeah....
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:34 am

M games are ban in my country... so sad...
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 am

Don Ramón wrote:M games are ban in my country... so sad...

That would be as effective as my country banning M rated games. I mean, who doesn't pirate or buys pirated gets games from retail stores that import directly from the US, so what's the difference anyway?
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:10 pm

How can you just ban M games. That's kind of retarded....
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm

zexen wrote:
Don Ramón wrote:M games are ban in my country... so sad...

That would be as effective as my country banning M rated games. I mean, who doesn't pirate or buys pirated gets games from retail stores that import directly from the US, so what's the difference anyway?

Legally buying games... My 360 is not modded, since I like to play online
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Counter Strike and Grand Theft Auto were banned here in Brazil a few months ago too

It's not like anyone cares
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:25 pm

I remember it was a huge deal when Brazil banned Carmaggedon, they talked about that here, so it must have been even huger in Brazil
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 pm

^^ Yeah I remember that... there where a few big ones back in the day when it still was a fine art to make pixels look like violence... Carmageddon was one of them... I think they released a toned down version here... another was Mortal Kombat 2 which was completely taken of shelves... my copy shoul be worth a little something now...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by MesoZombie Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:27 am

silly just let people play and make what they want, if you stop making things taboo you will notice a big drop in how many people ant to do it after a initial surge
MesoZombie
MesoZombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down