Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction?

+3
MesoZombie
El Duderino
Kenzomatic
7 posters

Go down

New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction?

Post by Kenzomatic Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:59 am

Remember the old Ghostbusters Spooktacular attraction at Universal Studios Florida? It was a special effects show with smokes, holographic ghosts, Slimer, and of course, The Ghostbusters. I remember it being a lot of fun, but I was also a kid when I visited the park. Now as I look back at old photos from the attraction, it doesn’t look nearly as cool as I remember. The show was shut down in 1996 for an attraction based on Twister. Well the Ghostbusters might be coming back to a theme park near you. UGO noticed the following line hidden in a press release about the franchise’s 25th anniversary:

“To recognize this special milestone, Sony Pictures Consumer Products Inc has licensed the property for several new products to commemorate the anniversary, including: video games, toys, t-shirts, comic books, prop replicas, and a theme park attraction. In addition, the original Ghostbusters car (Ecto-1) has been fully restored with plans for special promotional appearances throughout the US. And for the first time ever, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II on Blu-rayTM disc.”

Did you see that? Hidden in the list of licenses is “a theme park attraction”. No other information is known at this time. Also, Masters Replicas have announced that they will be producing a series of 1:1 scale prop replicas including:

Ghost Trap Limited Edition 1:1 scale with lights, sounds and other features. ETA: Spring 2009
Proton Pack Limited Edition 1:1 scale with lights, sounds and other features. ETA: Fall 2009

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/17/new-ghostbusters-theme-park-attraction/

Cool stuff next year looks like it will be really fun
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Left_bar_bleue100/100New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Left_bar_bleue10/10New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty Re: New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction?

Post by El Duderino Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 am

So do all these video games, toys, t-shirts, comic books, prop replicas, and a theme park attraction confirm a new real live Ghostbuster movie ??? I remember seeing an old Bull Murray interview where he was blown away by the success of Ghostbusters and all the marketing products it spawned showing some on the air... all this fuss about an anniversary sounds funny...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty Re: New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction?

Post by MesoZombie Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 am

yeah...i love those movies
MesoZombie
MesoZombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:36 am

KEnzo post those pics!!!
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:51 pm

That's pretty cool . Haven't been to Universal Studios in 3-4 years another reason too consider going back.
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Brawl4life wrote:That's pretty cool . Haven't been to Universal Studios in 3-4 years another reason too consider going back.

I never been there. You rich folks go anywhere you want without the feelings of us poor folks.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Left_bar_bleue25/25New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Left_bar_bleue0/0New Ghostbusters Theme Park Attraction? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:40 pm

pichu wrote:
Brawl4life wrote:That's pretty cool . Haven't been to Universal Studios in 3-4 years another reason too consider going back.

I never been there. You rich folks go anywhere you want without the feelings of us poor folks.

Somebody is being emotive Razz

OT

I ditto what brawl said
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down