Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs

+3
Don Ramón
MesoZombie
Unsight
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 3 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering and other CCGs

Post by Don Ramón Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 pm

I am so lost Mad

who won more???
Seems like fun!!
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 3 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering and other CCGs

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:18 pm

lol... the elves deck was supposed to be a casual fun deck... I had a much nastier deck in mind... I want to at least play it against that stupid wizard deck to rip it to shreds...

@don: it was about even... you should give it a try its really fun...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:27 am

Fun, sure. Casual, nuuuuuuu!

Speaking of nasty decks though, my goblin deck (not Welder) can't be fully completed as Scroll Rack is missing Goblin General. Sad

I made a few more decks though. I'd much rather not use Wizards if I can avoid it. That deck is mean. ><
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:32 am

^^ Why would it have Goblin General ??? He´s from Protal... no one ues Portal Cards... its not really a Magic addition... besided Goblin King is better anyway... I also used to play a pretty mean Goblin deck... I think there are more goblin drawing cards now... only having weal of fortune made it hard to keep the goblins coming compared to say necropotence decks...

I only made one new deck till now and I have no clue if it only works in theory or if its to hard to get good combos early... we´ll see... I can still make a pretty good goblin and black winne/migrane deck from memory... also the elf deck didn´t work as one should... to slow for and elf deck... hardly any card drawing and it takes way to long to deal damage... so I migh need to make an inproved verion...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:38 am

Um... I don't know. He just looked neat.

My decks aren't perfect... ><
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:43 pm

can I Use this card?
Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 3 142569pc7
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Maybe. Suspect

Good games Dude.

Wins for my Goblins, Shadows, and Slivers. Sad to see my Slivers lose to your Elves though.

Any suggestions on improving them?
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:08 pm

@ don: lol.. no I think thats Yugi-Oh format... but I´ll allow it Smile

@unsight: the shadow deck can only be improved by being burned... because no one plays shadow decks... the goblin deck seemed good... are there any good red card drawers except weal of fortune ??? that would be good... also I´d ad some lightnings or incinerates to crush early opposition... the sliver deck seemed very good too... only problem is you need the mana sliver real bad in the beginning... if you don´t draw him or he gets killed you have a real mana problem...

My new Deck didn´t work as expected... to slow and not enough deference for a slower deck... I´ll need to improve that or think of something better... one game wasn´t my fault though... no normal people play with shadow... its a stupid imbalanced ability which is why it got canned after one edition... good thing my elves got through... but they need improvement too...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:06 pm

I didn't know. I've never seen a full shadow deck before. Sometimes I see a Soltari Visionary or a Dauthi Ghoul by themselves in a deck but never a full deck made around it. It seemed like a good idea at the time. ><

Goblins I'll have to rethink. They're not nearly as good without the Mogg Fanatic/Skrik combo.

I may put Land Tax in Slivers but there are just so many good slivers that it's hard to choose which ones to leave out. ><
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:27 am

El Duderino wrote:@ don: lol.. no I think thats Yugi-Oh format... but I´ll allow it Smile

@unsight: the shadow deck can only be improved by being burned... because no one plays shadow decks... the goblin deck seemed good... are there any good red card drawers except weal of fortune ??? that would be good... also I´d ad some lightnings or incinerates to crush early opposition... the sliver deck seemed very good too... only problem is you need the mana sliver real bad in the beginning... if you don´t draw him or he gets killed you have a real mana problem...

My new Deck didn´t work as expected... to slow and not enough deference for a slower deck... I´ll need to improve that or think of something better... one game wasn´t my fault though... no normal people play with shadow... its a stupid imbalanced ability which is why it got canned after one edition... good thing my elves got through... but they need improvement too...

Robin (Dude), or anyone else, have you made a deck with "Unlimited Only" and used the restricted list of that time? I figured out how to use the deck editor and made one.

I guess I still have no idea how to find anyone online but I'm teachable.
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:31 am

Sorry fkusumot, I've never done anything like that. If you'd like to tell me how it works I could try but... isn't it more fun to play with all the cards?

As for playing online, it's as simple as going to:

File->Connect to Opponent

Click Load and choose a deck.

Click the button next to call and put the following into the white box: 68.51.43.24:4748 or maybe 68.51.43.24. One of those will connect you to me.

Then click Ok.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am

^^ It is fun to have lots of cards to chose from... but there are so many new abilities and combos its hard for players used to the old ways to play with all the new cards... some of your cards for example are a bit imbalanced... not just the wizard deck... potentially making endless rat tokens and tapping everything your opponent has... or having an enchantment that never lets your life go under 1... or a sliver that gives all slivers protection from a color of your choice...

you complained my decks where more 1vs1 fast decks... but if I waited any longer your decks would become to strong to fight... I don´t mind playing with the newer cards at all... but I do understand why someone would like to only have to older ones... unlimited only is a little drastic though... maybe playing up to the ice age or mirage block would be a good compromise...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:11 am

Eh, the rat deck isn't as bad as a green token deck by a long shot.

Here's a card from my green token deck:

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 3 Card89116

Oh, and it's multiplicative with itself. So with 4 of them out, you get 16 tokens for every 1 that you would normally get.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:12 pm

Select "Custom" in the deck builder, top right. Then pick, Unlimited, bottom right. Then click okay. There you will have a fairly limited card set.
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:55 am

I'm going to try building an unlimited deck today.

I made a new one last night that should be interesting to play.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:04 am

^^ I made a blue deck and a black zombie deck... also a 5 color deck... but its mostly blue with some green and a splash of the other colors...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:08 am

Did you put Call to the Grave in that Zombie deck? Very Happy
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:19 am

^^ Duh.... why don´t you ask me if I but Zombies and Swamps in it ???

Razz Razz Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:24 am

Hehe, okay. I take it you liked the one I played against you the other day?
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 am

^^ I just like making theme decks... but I´m not a big fan of lockdowns unless a deck is defensive... and even then I find them a bit boring, so only one Call to the grave... but I found another mean Zombie combo that is more aggressive... problem is one of the combo cards is only in the deck once... might need to fix that... but the deck isn´t about combos anyway...

Why didn´t you stop by the chat ??? You afraid or are you spending hours removing all the indestructible cards from your decks ??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

lol!
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:55 am

Hehe, yes... hours. Actually, I have two indestructible cards in my decks. You've seen one (which I'll remove) and here's the other: Shield of Kaldra. That one I won't remove. I need my Voltron equipment in that deck because they're cool. Very Happy

Anywho, I'll hop in the chat if you're around.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:27 pm

fkusumot wrote:Select "Custom" in the deck builder, top right. Then pick, Unlimited, bottom right. Then click okay. There you will have a fairly limited card set.

Heya, I made a deck with only Unlimited cards. I'm not sure if it's good or not but it'll at least be easy to play. ^_^
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:18 pm

^^ Sorry but Shield of Kaldra is a No-Go for me... yeah its not as bad as the Forge but not by much... if just the equipment card was indestructible it would be fine but since it makes the creature indestructible too its just silly... that way you can turn any creature into a Darksteel Colossus for only four mama... thats just insane... if you play with indestructible creatures I will need to put a Darksteel Colossus into my elf deck... forcing you to play a Platinum Angel... forcing me to play Academy... forcing you to play some other first turn victory deck... and that wouldn´t be very casual... I tried to make my new decks as casual as possible without making them bad... but they just don´t have a chance against indestructible cards... so please find another equip to save your creatures... having shroud and perhaps regeneration makes them as good as indestructible anyway... but at least there is some hope to kill them...

sorry... but you must hate my guts anyway so...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Why is indestructible so scary?

Besides, managing to get the Shield, Helm, and Sword out is one of the most fun things you can do in the entire deck. ^_^
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:02 pm

^^ Yeah I know that combo... if you can call it a combo... indestructible is stupid for the same reason a infinite combo or a lockdown (Opp/Orb) combo is... it puts your opponent into a situation where in 99% of all cases he has no way out... so you ether need to keep lots of remove from the game spells or couterspells in your deck which severely minimizes your opponents deck building options or you try to speedkill him before he gets his key cards out ... these kind of abilities and combos are the reason 90% of all successful Type 1 decks use blue so they can have Force of Will in their decks... and Force of Will really is the glue that keeps Type 1 together... playing that way is fun for a little bit but gets old real fast and has nothing t do with casual play...

Oh and infinite combos or Academy decks at least kill you in one painless strike... you are angry for losing to some bullsh**t but at least its over and you can start a new game... with lockdowns, indestructibles and some of the combos you like to use the enemy sees your cards he can´t deal with but is then forced to watch you play turn after morbid turn where you dissect them like a doctor does a murder victim... if you think that's fun you should try masturbating with sandpaper...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum