Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

Kinect pricing ???

+6
    Ssenkahdavic
    damkira
    Mako
    dunno001
    dsister
    El Duderino
    10 posters

Go down

How much do you think kinect will cost at launch ?

Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_lcap0%Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_rcap 0% 
    [ 0 ]
    Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_lcap20%Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_rcap 20% 
    [ 2 ]
    Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_lcap10%Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_rcap 10% 
    [ 1 ]
    Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_lcap30%Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_rcap 30% 
    [ 3 ]
    Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_lcap30%Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_rcap 30% 
    [ 3 ]
    Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_lcap10%Kinect pricing ??? I_vote_rcap 10% 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Kinect pricing ??? Empty Kinect pricing ???

Post by El Duderino Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:32 pm

So now that we have some opinions on what the 3DS might cost lets see what we think about how much money MS will try to take from us this christmas... we already know to use the complete Sony move experiance you will need to invest up to 180$ (almost as much as many think a 3DS will cost) and then you still need games... MS has already stated they feel very confident about where their pricing will be with kinect (then again everyone pretends to be confident)...

I believe that if it would be quite expencive they would have announced its price at E3 like sony so people can get used to the idea of spending a lot of cash on it and plan it into their budget if they want it... revealing a high price shortly before lauch would severly turn off buyers who where still on the fence...
    so yeah I think they plan on revealing a relatively low price... somewhere between 50$-100$... probably more like 80$-100$... closely before lauch that could give them some nice hype for the product...

I hear the "experts" say it won't cost MS that much since it really just is 2 cameras and software... so yeah I think MS might even sell it at a slight loss at first to get it established so they can sell as many games as possible...

So what do you guys thing ?
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Kinect pricing ??? Empty Re: Kinect pricing ???

Post by dsister Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm

They said they were going to price it competitively. So I say around ~$150... with a game
    dsister
    dsister

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue15/15Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
    Magic:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue5/6Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
    EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm

^^ Then vote for that Razz ... also I think competitively means they want to go lower than the competition... but everyone prices everything competitively... the question is how low can they go and still make the maximum profit... or do they want to make a profit on it or rather on the games ?
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by dunno001 Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Hmm... like it or not, I don't see it going sub-$100, otherwise they would have touted that at E3, as a counter to the move starter pack. My guess is that it will be just over, though, probably in the realm of $130/£100/€120/¥15,000.
    dunno001
    dunno001

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue8/8Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
    Magic:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue8/8Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
    EXP: 0

http://dunno001.spoonybards.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:20 pm

It seems that the price of games in Canada are $39.99. Now we just have to wait to see the prices with real currency Razz

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/kinect-adventures-xbox-360/10146882.aspx?path=68d31e361275e8e9a16c451cec59e00aen02

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/kinect-sports-xbox-360/10146880.aspx?path=51f716b2473b069e4bbf7c5694adba2fen02

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/kinect-joy-ride-xbox-360/10146881.aspx?path=b05c8a3b22ec5df549d13a7eb4723019en02

That might do a bit in helping Kinect's sales
    dsister
    dsister

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue15/15Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
    Magic:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue5/6Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm going to say it is around $120. That sounds about right to me. Wink
    Mako
    Mako
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue20/20Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
    Magic:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue0/0Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Kinect pricing ??? Empty Kinect

Post by damkira Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 pm

will be $149.99 USD.
    damkira
    damkira

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssenkahdavic Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:52 pm

$149 USD for the unit itself.

$189 with a game.
    Ssenkahdavic
    Ssenkahdavic

http://www.wekillmobs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Microsoft could sell this just like their Xbox 360s earlier this gen. Sell it, lose some money each unit sold, but hope to manage to gain profit from the games it sells for it.

I really don't know... I'll just say $120, or at the 100 mark.
    pichu
    pichu

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue25/25Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am

What the rat said
    Falcon095
    Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I would say $80 but MS has a funny idea about what things should cost like the wireless adapter and the hard drives
    Kenzomatic
    Kenzomatic
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue100/100Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Magic:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue10/10Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssenkahdavic Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 pm

I do not see them selling it for a loss tho.

They do not care about the current Xbox community for the most part, they already own a machine and already buy games (and pay Xbox live gold subs)

They are targeting new customers. Since the New Xbox presumably makes them a decent profit per unit, they want to sell systems which in turn sells Gold subs (pure profit).

With all the facebook integration and voice conferencing + voice controls + ESPN and all the other stuff, it is obvious (to me at least) that part of what they are going after are people who will NOT buy games. Without the idea of selling games, what else is left? Profit off Kinect, Profit off console sale, profit off Gold Subs.

This is my opinion of course, but I think it does hold a bit of water. (small sample size but) of those I know who are buying a kinect, 3 own Xbox's (and thus buy games anyway) and 1 is picking it up with a new system for the "other" features, not any Kinect games.

Why I think it is possible it is $149 w/o game, $189 with a game (games are currently listed in the US for 59.99)

Last edited by Ssenkahdavic on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ssenkahdavic
    Ssenkahdavic

http://www.wekillmobs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 pm

^^ possible... but I think MS is going for as many people as possible... and they want to sell games... its the "gaming" industry... it may look like the game peripheral industry right now but MS has always known that you don't sell the razor... you give away the razor and sell the blades... they sold the xbox and the 360 at a loss just like sony did with its consoled...

if you can't get kinect into a household you can't sell any of the games for it... and while they may not be targeting the hardcore shooter/action/rpg playing gamers (yet... who knows what the future of motion gaming brings) they know that many of them do not live alone... they definily want to target many households that already have a 360 but the younger/female/casual people in that household don't use it or buy games for it... so Im really thinking they want to sell as many as possible even at a loss... if most people only buy one kinect game a year for three or four years they still win even if they initialy lost 30-50$ on kinect...

then again MS is greedy and I have no clue what the actual costs for producing kinect are or what longterms strategy MS is going for with kinect... still them not revealing the price yet makes me think they want to suprose attack sony and it will be closer to 100$ than 150$... but I could be completly off there...
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Kenzomatic wrote:I would say $80 but MS has a funny idea about what things should cost like the wireless adapter and the hard drives

I know Im repeating myself... but yeah... I also am guessing (guess-hopeing more maybe Smile ) that it will be around 80$... but you can't compare it to wifi and HDDs... that stuff is pretty expencive but you only buy it once and thats it... with kinekt the razorblade strategy applies and they have stiff competition from sony and nintendo so its different from extras that don't lead to more cash or market share for MS... but again MS is greedy (not that anyone else is in it for the love) so I could be completely off...
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:30 pm

And he goes for the hattrick... and... its GOOD... TRIPPEPOST DUDE wins the NS world cup !!! ...

sorry... football fever... nevermind this... Razz
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:56 pm

$100 is about £80 right?

thats about as high as they can realisticly go imo, any higher and its not gonna sell like they want it too, at £80 your talking the equivalent of 2 new games, thats more than enough imo, more than that would make me think twice about getting it...im not made of money
    SciFiBoy
    SciFiBoy

Character sheet
    Health:
    Kinect pricing ??? Left_bar_bleue20/20Kinect pricing ??? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
    Magic:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down