Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it?

+3
    A Bad Clown
    skeezer
    El Duderino
    7 posters

Go down

What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it?

Post by El Duderino Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Well I guess the title says it all... what are you playing and what do you think about it? Is it good? Is it bad? Is it ugly? Did it meet your expectations, would you recommend it to everyone else or maybe just fans of the genre? Is it bad but you can't stop playing anyway? Maybe its good but you still don't like it for some reason?

I'm about 11 hours into 3D Dot Game Heroes and really like it... yeah its said to be a homage to the early Zelda games... but really it just rips off the first Zelda and Link to the Past... but in this case that's a good thing cause its done with a lot of love and humor... I just finished the 5th dungeon and I gotta say the last even though the game started out very easy (but don't they all) the last two dungeons where a decent challenge and the and bosses where quite a bitch... but in a good way I guess... also the game really makes you want to explore and do little side quests helping different people for little rewards (need another 3 or 4 small blocks so I can trade them in for the super sword... first I thought they where useless... not sure if the game explained that)
    Anyway anybody who has the chance to play this and likes the oldschool topdown Zeldas should check it out some time for a nice blast from the past with a nice graphical update...

Oh and I played an hour or two of Warhammer 40k Space Marine just for kicks and I actually rather like it... just mindless fun... easy on the eyes... weapons and melee attacks are quite overpowered up till now... you get 3 awesome weapons (MG, grande launcher and sniper) in the first 30 minutes or so and both the grenade launcher and sniper are awesome to handle and can carry way more ammo that in most games and if you run out you'll find more really fast... so yeah... so far its just nice mindless fun... not great but definitively not bad IMO... then again I didn't pay for it so that always makes a difference...
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty Re: What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it?

Post by skeezer Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:18 pm

I've been playing MGO for 3 years now, Things recently started picking up for Pandas [my clan name] we are currently ranked 17 in overall rewards and 3 in grade point average. It's tough but I love it, and the main reason why is cuz of the drama involved.

As far as single player games, I've been playing Persona 3 portable, but it's actually been a while since I played it last. [couple of weeks] I'll keep you guys updated. Smile
    skeezer
    skeezer

Character sheet
    Health:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue15/15What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
    Magic:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue10/10What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
    EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty Re: What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it?

Post by A Bad Clown Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 pm

I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution. After playing MGO I never thought a "stealth action game" could actually have good gameplay and graphics! Who knew that you can actually aim accurately and could play how the game was ment to be played, in single player only! It was like something out of every other fps, tps, action game, rpg, and puzzle game! Yay for Edios for making a game of the year contender that has great gameplay that occurs more than custcenes and loading times, a comprehensible story, and most of all, actually being enjoyable. If Edios stuck sticks up their butt like a certain other developer who shall not be named and developed Deus Ex Online, I'm sure the whole game would have been much worse.

A Bad Clown

Character sheet
    Health:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue15/15What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
    Magic:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue10/10What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:08 pm

A Bad Clown wrote:I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution. After playing MGO I never thought a "stealth action game" could actually have good gameplay and graphics! Who knew that you can actually aim accurately and could play how the game was ment to be played, in single player only! It was like something out of every other fps, tps, action game, rpg, and puzzle game! Yay for Edios for making a game of the year contender that has great gameplay that occurs more than custcenes and loading times, a comprehensible story, and most of all, actually being enjoyable. If Edios stuck sticks up their butt like a certain other developer who shall not be named and developed Deus Ex Online, I'm sure the whole game would have been much worse.

That's only cuz you're a horrible gamer, and have no real video game playing skill. What a Face
    skeezer
    skeezer

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by A Bad Clown Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Says the one who can't even beat me at haxball...

A Bad Clown

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:49 pm

A Bad Clown wrote:Says the one who can't even beat me at haxball...
    I play it on my macs terribly small directional buttons while eating donuts. Try again afro
    skeezer
    skeezer

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saki Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:51 pm

"Gamer"
    Ha!

Anyways, playing the fart out of Xenoblade...but havent touched in a like a week. 60 hours and Im probably barely half way through. Also been playing DoA:D. Fun fighter but kinda frustrating at times. Also playing OoT 3D, unfortunately it feels way too much like the N64 game, disappointed to be honest. I got VC,AC,and NGS wrapped for after I complete xenoblade. oh and fragile/epick mickey. so much games...
    Saki
    Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): Still getting those green starts; slowly but surely...

The Legend of Zelda (3DS): First time playing this game thanks to the ambassador program. Game is ridiculously hard though. I've died more times in the first 10 minutes than all the other Zelda games I have played combined. lol

Sonic Colors (Wii): Slowly making my way through the game. Most fun I have had with a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2.

(That's all I have played recently.)
    Mako
    Mako
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue20/20What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
    Magic:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue0/0What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:44 pm

Well I finished 3D dot game heroes which was very cool... and Im also done with Space Marine which I found surprisingly enjoyable... but then again every game that involves a decent jetpack is awesome in my book...

not sure what I'll play next... was in the mood for some real time strategy... since I just played Warhammer spacemarine I thought I might try one of the dawn of war games... maybe I'll also try the new deus ex or that other game I heard aboug called E.Y.E.
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Finished playing my Wind Waker save from about 5 years ago. Has to be one of the best games if not the best game of that generation and would stack up favorably to any game previous or since. The presentation is amazingly charming and the gameplay is fun and engaging. The only possible knock on the game is the amount of fetching you have to do.

now i am playing link to the past and ogre battle 64. LttP is great so far. OB64 is very different.
    Luinil
    Luinil
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:
    What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Left_bar_bleue0/0What are you currently playing and what are your thoughts on it? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:56 pm

I just picked up a used copy of Crackdown 2, and it sucks.
    Alasted
    Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:44 pm

well I played some Dawn of War which was ok and got into Deus Ex for a bit and while its a great game the gameplay is just not for me... tried our Rage today and gotta say Im pretty impressed so far... graphics are really sweet and the atmosphere and vibe are spot on... gameplay is very enjoyable too...
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:03 pm

My sister bought me Sam & Max: Season One for my birthday not too long ago. I normally don't go for point-and-click games, but so far I'm really digging it. Lots of quirky humor, and you can kick back and play at a leisurely pace. At any rate, it's a refreshing change of pace from guns/gore/chainsaw bayonets.
    Alasted
    Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by A Bad Clown Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 am

If you like Sam and Max get Strongbads Cool Game For Attractive People or Tales of Monkey Island. I think both are $10 for the whole season.

A Bad Clown

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:32 pm

if you wan't to play a point and click adventure there is just no way around day of the tentacle... its the best of the best... sam and max, monkey island, grim fandango and the indiana jones ones are all great too... honorable mentioning to blade runner (great atmosphere, really does the movie justice but very short) and beavis and butthead in virtual stupidity...
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down