Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smartphones

+5
skeezer
Kenzomatic
SciFiBoy
Mako
Falcon095
9 posters

Go down

Smartphones Empty Smartphones

Post by Falcon095 Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I'm bored so decided to start a thread about something I like to discuss.. Smartphones Very Happy
I have owned a My Touch 3G for about 5 month and an Android fan since then, right now Im thinking in getting a Samsung Captivate, I was thinking in getting an iPhone 4 but Apple's tyranny didnt motivate me and I'm already in love with Android.

So what about you? Do you like any mobile OS? Do you hate one? Do you think this thread is lame?
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Smartphones Empty Re: Smartphones

Post by Mako Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Get the new Android! I think that phone is a lot cooler than the iPhone 4. Plus, you don't have to get AT&T to get the Android, a big plus because their service sucks, go Verizon! Although, it could be different where you live with the companies. I'm almost sure it is.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Smartphones Left_bar_bleue20/20Smartphones Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Smartphones Left_bar_bleue0/0Smartphones Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 pm

I have an iPhone 3GS 8GB, which is awesome, I already have loads of apps and games on it, plus I can listen to my music on it easily to, internet browser is easy to use, has maps which will be useful next time we travel, signal on Orange is great, really easy to use, especially for phone calls and stuff too!
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 10

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Hmm smartphones I feel like I have all to much useless knowledge on this subject. I have been thoroughly looking for a smartphone for a year now and feel like I know every HTC Samsung Motorola iPhone and Blackberry device out there.

Personally I think Apple makes the most stable hardware and HTC makes the most advanced hardware though it is rarely optimized. All of the market places fail catastrophically next to iTunes App store. The next best being Android which may have some numbers but resemble the shovel ware on the Wii. Windows Market Place is a Joke it started off real strong but has not really grown any in the last year and is bogged down by licensing fees. Blackberry still hits home runs in the business department just like iPhone hits homeruns in the multi-media department.

When it comes to games all the phones manufactures will have trouble beating able as there is ONE (In principle) standardized iPhone much like the Nintendo DS. The other phone company have so many phone the games have to be designed for the weakest link so they reach the largest market making so you will never see any of this new hardware to it limit until its time to retire it.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Smartphones Left_bar_bleue100/100Smartphones Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Smartphones Left_bar_bleue10/10Smartphones Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Mako wrote:Get the new Android! I think that phone is a lot cooler than the iPhone 4. Plus, you don't have to get AT&T to get the Android, a big plus because their service sucks, go Verizon! Although, it could be different where you live with the companies. I'm almost sure it is.
What new android are u talking about? There are plenty Razz
Actually, AT&T is the company where I would get the phone since its the only carrier with the same 3G frequency of GSM networks of here Razz

SciFiBoy wrote:I have an iPhone 3GS 8GB, which is awesome, I already have loads of apps and games on it, plus I can listen to my music on it easily to, internet browser is easy to use, has maps which will be useful next time we travel, signal on Orange is great, really easy to use, especially for phone calls and stuff too!
Nice, so you got it with iOS 4, how's it? I havent tried in an iPhone 3GS. Do you have cydia?

Kenzomatic wrote:Hmm smartphones I feel like I have all to much useless knowledge on this subject. I have been thoroughly looking for a smartphone for a year now and feel like I know every HTC Samsung Motorola iPhone and Blackberry device out there.

Personally I think Apple makes the most stable hardware and HTC makes the most advanced hardware though it is rarely optimized. All of the market places fail catastrophically next to iTunes App store. The next best being Android which may have some numbers but resemble the shovel ware on the Wii. Windows Market Place is a Joke it started off real strong but has not really grown any in the last year and is bogged down by licensing fees. Blackberry still hits home runs in the business department just like iPhone hits homeruns in the multi-media department.

When it comes to games all the phones manufactures will have trouble beating able as there is ONE (In principle) standardized iPhone much like the Nintendo DS. The other phone company have so many phone the games have to be designed for the weakest link so they reach the largest market making so you will never see any of this new hardware to it limit until its time to retire it.

Trust me, I feel the same. I haven been into smarphones for a couple of months for some reason lol.

Well Apple really knows how to do stuff for the masses. The iphone is so easy to use, you don't even think about, you just do (+1 if you get it). Unfortunately I dont like how "closed" it is is some aspects.

I agree with you about the app stores, the market is a mess and the fact that it only has like 10 countries with paid apps doesnt help it (thats changing, though). I cant understand why Blackberries are so popular, they are very popular here.

The problem with games is that I dont think companies arent making it as easy as the iphone, I mean with the iphone you make the game for it and there arent a lot of changes between one iphone and other, on the other hand the OS's are more difficult like android, that has different hardware and OS version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:37 am

Well, my brother just got the Droid X recently and that thing is really cool. Personally, I think the screen is too big though; it makes it harder to carry around. If I was to get a smart phone it would be the iPhone 4. Like you said, it is only on AT&T here, and I don't have that, nor do I want it. So the iPhone needs to come to Verizon before I buy any smart phones Razz
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 am

I like my iPhone 4, it was a good decision to sell my ipod and get this. I dont necessarily like that they make you pay like 15 dollars for data each month but It could be worse.... like last year when they made you pay 30 XD

Oh and I <3 At&t
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Smartphones Left_bar_bleue15/15Smartphones Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:04 pm

skeezer wrote:I like my iPhone 4, it was a good decision to sell my ipod and get this. I dont necessarily like that they make you pay like 15 dollars for data each month but It could be worse.... like last year when they made you pay 30 XD

Oh and I <3 At&t
How much data? Is it unlimited? We pay more here...
Xen
Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Xen wrote:
skeezer wrote:I like my iPhone 4, it was a good decision to sell my ipod and get this. I dont necessarily like that they make you pay like 15 dollars for data each month but It could be worse.... like last year when they made you pay 30 XD

Oh and I <3 At&t
How much data? Is it unlimited? We pay more here...
Before it was 30 dollars for unlimited. Now you can either go for 200MB for 15 dollars or 2GB for 25 dollars, I went with the cheap one since I have wifi everywhere I go.
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonix Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:10 pm

I have a HTC Tattoo and I like it. It was cheap (80€ with the contract), I pay 10€ per month for 100MB (along with 1000sms, 1000minutes, 1000mms or something)
Sonix
Sonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Mako wrote:Well, my brother just got the Droid X recently and that thing is really cool. Personally, I think the screen is too big though; it makes it harder to carry around. If I was to get a smart phone it would be the iPhone 4. Like you said, it is only on AT&T here, and I don't have that, nor do I want it. So the iPhone needs to come to Verizon before I buy any smart phones Razz
The droid X is pretty cool I would get one of these if I could. I was thinking in getting an iPhone 4 but the fact that is all glass and android crushed that thinking lol. Didnt you say that there android phones cooler than tha iphone 4? Razz

Oh and I <3 At&t
Trust me.. $15 is cheap

Sonix wrote:I have a HTC Tattoo and I like it. It was cheap (80€ with the contract), I pay 10€ per month for 100MB (along with 1000sms, 1000minutes, 1000mms or something)
Nice, it looks like a smaller my touch 3g, and that plan is very cheap
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:41 pm

I've never really given android phones a try but I like that iPhones are idiot proof. I wonder if Androids are the same.

No im not an idiot Razz
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonix Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:04 am

Androids are pretty awesome.
But then again, its the only one I ever used Razz
Sonix
Sonix

Back to top Go down

Post by A Bad Clown Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:58 am

I should be able to upgrade in January, probably by then there will be some super amazing phone. I had an iPhone 2g but gave it to my mom because she broke her Go Phone.

A Bad Clown

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:52 pm

skeezer wrote:I've never really given android phones a try but I like that iPhones are idiot proof. I wonder if Androids are the same.

No im not an idiot Razz
No, they are not. So you might not be able to use them.. jk Razz
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by Snesboy Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:40 pm

I think this thread is pretty lame. But I will let it fly because all the users on here are awesome.

Anyways, I don't believe in smartphones. They are evil because one day they will all become self aware and we will all be screwed since everyone has one.
Snesboy
Snesboy

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=9873

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum